Sunday, February 08, 2015

i stand before the mighty sea

i stand before the mighty sea
seeing it’s power rolling towards me
no barrier, no break it’s might to impede
as it rolls unimpeded towards me

the waves, the rage, the torrent the swell
others, lithe and nimble slither to sell
servitude for another days freedom from jail
suppressing the power in a careless quell

the sea is conscience free, willing to consume
and consuming at will.  Each morning you find
a clean and groomed beach and no sorrow no mourn
it’s power has done it’s job with no remorse

nothing survived except for the deepened prints
of two feet that weathered the storm, sunken a little
deeper through the shifting sand that draws and
sucks down the one who wants to just stand still

the happy place, the beach, comes alive each day
it brings the birds, the gulls, the cool fresh water
to cleanse your throat, the voices of lovers and children
to lift the mind and bring a smile… to make you feel better

but everyday I stand before the mighty sea
watching it’s power roll over me
no barrier, no break that can impede its might
as it rolls unencumbered over me

the joy of those around me place a millstone
around my neck, and laughter adds a chain and lock
i sink deeper into the joy filled sand and feel the
cold sea of death engulf me more and more

people don’t notice much anymore, nor do I
buried to my waste in hopelessness and remorse
i have begun digging the hole myself
i won’t be long now until the mighty sea… feeds

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was really beautiful. You have a gift! Keep up the amazing work!