Monday, March 05, 2007

my heart's intent

who made you
judge and jury
of my soul?
dissecting my heart
autopsied intent
proclaiming it vile
the cause of love's
dying breath
and death

sleeve adorned
feelings galore
marred in innocent
banter judged
as slander
deemed to be
uncaring
insensitivity
unaware

how can you know
the intent of the soul
of another
sojourner?
words paint in
dimension's bounds
granting a view
only unsettled
ground

assume evil and
evil you find
veiled in composition
sublime
scathed scandal
hurtful ramble
judged actions
accountable
at birth

why must i
sell myself again
and repair
a vow unbroken?
proclaimed guilty
vile motive
professed
"i wasn't even there
your honor"

since you know
the intentions
of my soul
why don't you
know
the whole
of my love
for
you?

my words have life
all on their own
free
of interpretation
no parenthetical
secret guise
hidden
in obtuse
gesture

my love rests
in your hands
unchanged
but burdened
by fetters
and lashed
by cold lament
that thou knowest
my heart's intent

© 2007 BY W. GARY FORRESTER

No comments: